The student news site of Webster Thomas High School

Webster Thomas Courier

Arts: Speaking skills showcased

Staff
Bringing Shakespeare to life! Thomas students (from left) Kylie Raguso, Joe Badaracco, David Potter, and Jessica Giordano each prepared and read a text from the works of William Shakespeare, competing for one spot in the next level of a competition designed to celebrate and showcase Shakespeare’s work. Jessica won the school contest and went on to represent Thomas at an area contest held in Rochester.

March 27, 2017 — Webster Thomas recently sent Jessica Giordano, a senior, as the Thomas representative in a local competition on reading selected works of William Shakespeare.  Ms Giordano took second place in the area contest, held March 4 at Rochester’s Multi-use Community Cultural Center (MuCCC) on Atlantic Avenue in Rochester.  Sponsored by the Rochester branch of the national English-Speaking Union of the United States, the competition drew participants from several private and public schools in the area; all students had prepared various speeches and sonnets to read and perform.

Jessica, along with Kylie Raguso, Joe Badaracco, and David Potter, competed at Webster Thomas for the right to represent Webster Thomas in the Rochester contest. Jessica read Queen Margaret’s monologue from Shakespeare’s Henry VI.  Ms Sheila Byrne and Mr. Mark Stoetzel organized the school competition.